CORONA VIRUS (COVID 19) SAFETY MEASURES:
We are operating a contactless check-in and check-out procedure. Full payment must be made before check-in.
We will email you all instructions on check-in procedures. Full refunds for cancellations.
MEALS - We are not able to offer complimentary breakfast hampers or in-room dining. See meals page.
FIREWOOD - There will be a limited amount of firewood in your woodbox, due to supply issues. Our apologies!
Contact us direct (Peta and Jon the owners)
Peta 0417 747 958 or
Jon 0418 774 463
Welcome to the multi-award winning Rose Gums Wilderness Retreat in the Cairns Highlands/Atherton Tablelands, an easy 90 minutes drive from Cairns and accessible in all weather throughout the year by conventional vehicle.
At Rose Gums Wilderness Retreat:
- Experience a treehouse or a villa-treehouse in our cool tropical climate and rainforest scenery
- Explore 9 kilometres of walking tracks through our 93 hectare property
- View wildlife – see the colourful parrots and the smallest kangaroo
- Discover platypus in our pristine rainforest creeks
- Birdwatch for over 160 bird species
- Tour the ‘undiscovered’ Atherton Tablelands and beyond by making Rose Gums your base
A one of a kind family owned and operated nature experience since 1998. Read our story.
"No Nature No Life"