There is nothing like swimming in tropical pristine waters. The Atherton Tablelands has them in abundance.
Especially as there are no crocodiles in our mountains here.
AT ROSE GUMS
- Butchers Creek - A pristine large creek which eventually flows to the Mulgrave River. There is a deck to make it easier access. Enjoy rock hopping over the granite boulders. And you just might spy a platypus!
- Hidden Waterfall - Nestled in a little gorge is our small charming 5 metre high waterfall which flows all year round.
- Volcanic Crater Lake Eacham with torquoise blue water in the shallows near the turtle area. A 1.5km swim across and back.
- Lake Tinaroo, a very large dam built in 1958 with lovely picnic areas and child play area.
- Malanda Falls - A favourite with locals
- Dinner Falls at Mt Hypipamee NP
- Millaa Millaa Falls - the 'classic' waterfall
- Mungalli Falls
- Zillie Falls
- Elinjaa Falls
- Nandroya Falls
- Tchupalla Falls
- Carrington Falls
- Windin Falls - Spectacular infinity pool overlooking the Goldsborough Valley
- Millstream Falls - Australia's widest waterfall