Walking Trails At Rose Gums
Explore our rainforest walking trails to rainforest creeks, a charming waterfall & through our reforestation plots where 25,000 native rainforest trees were planted since 1995:
- Creek Walk – 90 minutes return – moderate grade
Look for platypus in our pristine rainforest creek which borders World Heritage Wooroonooran National Park
- Waterfall Walk – 90 minute return - moderate grade
Venture down to a hidden 5 metre waterfall, a peaceful walk through remnant Wet Sclerophyll forest; perhaps see the Musky rat-kangaroo and unique birdlife
- Reforestation Walk - 40 minute return – easy grade
Enjoy a relaxed walk though the new forest and study the Mullunburra Bush Medicine Trail
- Giant Rose Gums Walk - 20 minutes return - easy grade
Admire one of nature’s giants, a 45 metre 600 year old gum tree, home to much wildlife
Walking Trails Nearby
- LAKE EACHAM NATIONAL PARK (60 minute round walk, easy grade) - 10 minute drive from Rose Gums to this spectaculare volcanic crater lake, filled with the purest water, ideal for swimming all year round.
- LAKE BARRINE NATIONAL PARK (90 minute round walk, easy grade) - 20 minute drive from Rose Gums to another spectacular volcanic crater lake with 1000 year old kauri pine tree. Reward yourself with devonshire tea at the charming tea house
- YABI MT/MT BALDY (2 hour return walk, moderate grade) - 30 minute drive from Rose Gums to these peaks behind the Atherton township with spectacular views across the Atherton Tablelans.
- MT BARTLE FRERE (9 to 11 hours return walk, difficult grade) - 30 minute drive from from Rose Gums to the base of Queensland's highest mountain at an elevation of 1622 meters.
- BOBBIN BOBBIN FALLS (90 minute return walk easy grade) - 30 minute drive from Rose Gums. Take a leisurely walk to the base for Mt Bartle Frere and enjoy this charmin rainforest waterfall.
- WINDIN FALLS (4 hours return walk, moderate grade) - 20 minute drive from Rose Gums. The top of this waterfall has the most iconic 'infinity" rock pool to bathe in with spectacular rainfores & mountain views.
- KAURI CREEK (2 hours round walk, easy grade) 20 minute drive from Rose Gums through the Danbulla State Forest to the crystal clear waters of the rainforest creek.
- NANDROYA FALLS (2 hours round walk, easy grade) 45 minute drive from Rose Gums. Follow the scenic Palmerston Highway towards Innisfail for stunning rainforest and waterfalls in the Wooroonooran National Park